The Mercury Insurance Concert Series has been a great way to connect musicians and fans in an unconventional way during the height of festival season. The online concerts have been met with such enthusiasm – both from the musicians and the fans – that we had to open it up to more artists.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (May 28, 2020) – Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) today announced the company has added six new musical acts – The Perfect Nines; Keaton Simons; Jessica Lynn; Demola; Justin Ratowsky, lead singer of Cali Conscious; and Gene Noble – to its online Mercury Insurance Concert Series. The concert series is a win/win for artists and fans looking for a music fix during the COVID-19 pandemic. Performers, who have had to cancel tours and live performances, are able to connect with fans through intimate performances and fans get to see some of their favorite artists in their own living rooms.
“The Mercury Insurance Concert Series has been a great way to connect musicians and fans in an unconventional way during the height of festival season,” said Erik Thompson, Mercury’s vice president of advertising and public relations. “The online concerts have been met with such enthusiasm – both from the musicians and the fans – that we had to open it up to more artists. Concerts are how many of us like to unwind and we’re grateful to be able to bring some much-needed entertainment to music fans during this difficult time.”
Any music fan who wants to tune in to the live performances can visit www.mercuryinsurance.com/MICS to view the concerts. The performances will also be recorded and available to view after the live shows. The added performance dates and times for the Mercury Insurance Concert Series are:
- The Perfect Nines (May 30, 5 p.m. PDT): With their melodically charged songs, alternative pop rock roots and influences like the British band Curve and Butch Vig’s Garbage, The Perfect Nines embodies the core essence of indie rock with a sexy flair. Italian-born singer-songwriter and fashion designer Cinzia Moniaci and lead guitarist Rico Quevedo are no strangers to the music industry, sharing a history with their band Bionica, which attracted the attention of prominent producers Ross Robinson (Korn, Limp Bizkit); Jim Wirt (Fiona Apple, Incubus); and Warren Huart (Aerosmith, The Fray), scoring them notable gigs in Hollywood, as well as landing the soundtracks to “Dawson’s Creek,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “CSI Miami” and other noteworthy television shows. The Perfect Nines has collaborated with some of the most successful musicians in the alternative rock world, such as Stephen Perkins (Jane’s Addiction), Chris Chaney (Alanis Morissette, Jane’s Addiction), Tony Franklin (The Firm), Matt Starr, Yogi Lonitch (Chris Cornell, The Wallflowers, Alanis), and John Avila (Oingo Boingo).
- Keaton Simons (June 11, 5 p.m. PDT): Keaton Simons is a singer/songwriter/producer/
multi-instrumentalist. He has released numerous albums, EPs and singles, and is best known for his hundreds of film and television placements (including his song "When I Go" from the hit TV show "Suits"). In addition to his prolific solo career, Keaton has played with artists ranging from Snoop Dogg to Chris Cornell to his current gig as lead guitarist for country music superstar Brett Young. Along with writing/production partner Noah Needleman and filmmaker Dennis Dugan, Keaton recently completed both the soundtrack and score for the to-be-released motion picture "Love, Weddings & Other Disasters" starring Diane Keaton and Jeremy Irons.
- Jessica Lynn (June 18, 5 p.m. PDT): Jessica Lynn is being hailed by press around the world as a rocket force and country music’s next big star. A unique face and voice in modern music, she has been seen by millions on the road and in her three full-length nationwide concert television specials. Jessica’s powerful voice and fierce stage presence showcase the multi-faceted singer/songwriter’s instrumental talents playing piano, guitar, harmonica, and the drums. In four years of relentless international touring, Jessica has shared stages with some of the most recognizable names in country and rock music such as Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Richard Marx, Montgomery Gentry, Lonestar, The Allman Betts Band, Phil Vassar, Jo Dee Messina, ZZ Top, and the “Queen of Country” herself, Loretta Lynn. With one of the most exciting live shows in the business, Jessica has often drawn comparisons to country music superstar Shania Twain.
- Demola (July 2, 5 p.m. PDT): Demola (also known as “Demola the violinist”) is a singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, multi-genre violinist and award winning artist. Demola has garnered international acclaim with his most recent release titled “Gbedu,” featuring afrobeat star, Davido. He is one of the first artists to fuse the various timbres of afrobeat, the colorful sounds of reggae, the pop tones and the animated bounce of hip-hop, while coherently blending it all together with the euphonious melodies of his violin. Demola is currently wrapping up an original violin album which is said to be a masterpiece. The project is scheduled for a late summer 2020 release, followed up by his highly anticipated vocal album.
- Justin Ratowsky (July 3, 5 p.m. PDT): Justin Ratowsky is the lead singer-songwriter behind Cali Conscious, an uplifting California surf-reggae-rock band of consciousness and more. Formed in 2010 and naturally influenced by the sun, sand and sea, Cali Conscious blends three-part harmonies, upbeat rhythms and environmentally conscious lyrics. The eight-piece band (rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, drums, keys, sax, trumpet and percussion) prides itself on an energetic live experience that uplifts and soothes the soul. Justin often performs the songs of Cali Conscious as a one man band – using a loop pedal, he performs guitar, bass, lead guitar, percussion and vocals. He has co-produced and self-released two full length Cali Conscious albums on his record label Shaka Rasta Records: “High Times” in 2012, and their sophomore album “Avocado” in 2019. His song lyrics are positive, sharing a message of hope, living with love in the present moment and promoting a global and sustainable way of life.
- Gene Noble (July 23, 5 p.m. PDT): Recently signed to Hidden Beach Recordings, Gene Noble is an accomplished singer-songwriter who has written for some of music’s top artists including Chris Brown, Jason Derulo and Faith Evans. His 2016 independently-released single, “Only Love” feat. Pitbull and Shaggy reached Top 40 status and was played on radio stations all over the world. Noble has toured with Sting, Shaggy, Usher, Chris Brown, Jay Z, Alicia Keys, Lauryn Hill, and Jill Scott to name a few. A native of New York, Noble currently resides in Los Angeles and is set to release his forthcoming EP due later this year.
Musicians who have already performed in the online Mercury Insurance Concert Series include Jordan Rudess, Chord Overstreet, Flo Chase and Emily Coupe. Visit www.mercuryinsurance.com/MICS to view their previously recorded performances.
Mercury’s Customer Giveback Program and its new partnership with the California Medical Association’s Care 4 Caregivers Now wellness program for healthcare workers are additional ways the company is assisting Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Mercury Insurance
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and business insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information, visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.