LOS ANGELES, Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury Insurance policyholders who have been impacted by Hurricane Michael can report damages and losses through Mercury's claims hotline at (800) 503-3724. Georgians can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweeting: "Mercury policyholders impacted by #HurricaneMichael call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
"Recovering from a hurricane can be very difficult for the millions of people in its path, but we want all of our Georgia customers to know that the Mercury claims team is ready to help," says Mercury Insurance Chief Claims Officer Randy Petro. "We urge residents returning to storm-damaged homes to take the necessary precautions to protect their family and pets, and use extra care when traveling through flooded areas."
Mercury claims adjusters will assess wind and rain damage, but homeowners seeking coverage from flood and debris flows should review the National Flood Insurance Program at www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/about/nfip_overview.jsp.
Mercury policyholders should follow these simple steps to help expedite the claims process.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or videos of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
Mercury Insurance encourages customers to review their homeowners and auto insurance policies with their local agents on a yearly basis to make sure they have the coverage they need.
Additional hurricane preparedness and recovery resources:
NOAA National Weather Service: www.weather.gov/safety.php
American Red Cross: www.redcross.org/getprepared
Federal Emergency Management Agency: www.ready.gov
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance