LOS ANGELES, May 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas has experienced relentless waves of thunderstorms this spring and residents continue to deal with devastating floods, damaging hail and strong winds. Mercury Insurance wants customers to know the company is ready to assist policyholders who have been impacted by these storms. Mercury's claims team stands ready to help customers whose vehicles have been damaged by floodwaters, hail and flying debris, or who have suffered a covered homeowners loss. Representatives are available to help with claims and arrange for rental cars or temporary housing.
"We want Mercury customers who have been impacted by these strong storms in Texas to know that we're ready to help them during this difficult time," says Randy Petro, Mercury chief claims officer. "Mercury's claims team can arrange temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if homeowners customers have been displaced, as well as arrange for a rental car if they suffered a covered loss."
Texans can help spread the word by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and Retweeting "Mercury policyholders impacted by the #Texas #floods call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP #floodsupdate."
Petro advises policyholders to follow a few simple procedures to help speed up claims.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or videos of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook.com/MercuryInsurance and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance