Mercury Ready to Help Customers Impacted by Flooding in Houston
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 29, 2016) – Houston, which was hit with devastating floods early last week, is expected to be battered with more heavy storms throughout the weekend. Mercury is ready to assist policyholders whose vehicles have been damaged by floodwaters, hail and flying debris, or homes that have suffered a covered loss. Mercury representatives are available to help with claims and arrange for rental cars or temporary housing.
“Strong storms like this can be very dangerous, so we urge everyone to do what they can to remain safe,” says Randy Petro, Mercury chief claims officer. “Mercury’s claims team is ready to help policyholders who have been impacted by these storms. We can arrange temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if homeowners customers have been displaced, as well as arrange for a rental car in the event they suffered a covered loss. We want our customers to know that we’re here for them to help however we can during this difficult time, and we encourage customers to call our hotline ASAP to report a claim.”
Houston residents can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweeting this message: “Mercury policyholders impacted by the #Texas #floods call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP #floodsupdate.”
Petro advises policyholders to follow a few simple procedures to help the claims process run smoothly.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or videos of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook.com/MercuryInsurance and follow the company on Twitter.