Mercury Insurance Is Ready to Help Victims of the Etiwanda Fire Near Rancho Cucamonga
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 30, 2014) – Unusually high temperatures mixed with strong winds and a drought in Southern California have produced wildfire “Etiwanda” near Rancho Cucamonga. The fire has forced homeowners to evacuate and Mercury is ready to assist policyholders who have had to leave their homes or whose property has suffered fire damage. Mercury representatives are available to help with claims (http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html), arrange for temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if policyholders suffer a covered loss or were forced to evacuate.
“The conditions in Southern California are so dry that we’re expecting 2014 to be a tough wildfire season,” said Mercury’s Chief Claims Officer Doug Menges. “The Mercury claims team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help customers. Policyholders affected by this fire should call the Mercury Claims Hotline at (800) 503-3724 and we’ll do everything we can to help get their lives back to normal as quickly as possible.”
The Etiwanda blaze has already burned more than 1,000 acres and forced approximately 1,600 residents to leave their homes, and is still uncontained.
Californians can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweet: “Mercury policyholders impacted by the #EtiwandaFire should call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP.”
Menges advises policyholders follow a few simple procedures to help the claims process.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or video tapes of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE (www.mercuryinsurance.com)
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile and homeowners insurance through a network of independent agents in Florida, Georgia, California, New Jersey, Arizona, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices – core values that distinguish Mercury in the marketplace.