Mercury Insurance Offers Lessors Risk Coverage in California
We’re bringing new commercial products in a strategic sequenced order so that we are able to learn and make improvements to them over time as this will ensure we’re providing the best protection at the most affordable rates for policyholders.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (February 22, 2021) – Today, Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) announced that the company is offering Lessors Risk Only(LRO) insurance for California commercial property owners with commercial buildings, leased or rented to other businesses. The latest offering from Mercury’s Commercial Multi-Peril line of business is specifically designed to address complex exposures – liability, property, business income, and ordinance or law.
Shopping centers, strip malls, office buildings (for commercial, industrial or retail), mixed use spaces (with more than 50% commercial occupancy), and dwelling zones for commercial use valued up to $45 million per location are eligible for LRO.
“The commercial market is extremely important to Mercury,” said Victor Joseph, Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer at Mercury Insurance. “We’re bringing new commercial products in a strategic sequenced order so that we are able to learn and make improvements to them over time as this will ensure we’re providing the best protection at the most affordable rates for policyholders.”
“Our substantial investments in ease of use and technology have us off to a great start, which is enabling our agents to continue to deliver a very compelling experience.”
Lessors Risk Only policies are sold through Mercury’s California independent agents, who can help business owners find customized coverage, along with discounts – fire alarm, loss free, multiple locations and more – to save money and provide peace of mind.
Learn more about LRO insurance by speaking with a local agent https://www.mercuryinsurance.com/agentlocator/#/findAnAgent.
Policies include coverage for:
- Damage, destruction or vandalism to buildings and structures, which includes on-premises outdoor property such as fences, trees and signs;
- The loss of business income for up to 12 months;
- Direct loss or damage to business personal property, and money and securities resulting from dishonest acts committed by employees;
- Loss to the undamaged portion of the building up to the building’s limit;
- Demolition cost and increased cost of construction at $100,000 combined limit; and
- Damage caused by water that backs up into the property through pipes, drains, sewers, water-services and sump pumps.
Optional coverages offered:
- Extended replacement costs to increase the building’s limit;
- Ordinance or Law option to increase
- Business income for up to 18 or 24 months;
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber and data breach coverage up to $250,000 limit; and
- Equipment Breakdown Tech Advantage for loss or damage to property resulting from a mechanical breakdown or electrical failure, including micro circuitry
Mercury’s Commercial Insurance division has a broad array of programs to protect against exposures faced by today’s business owners, including Business Auto, Habitational, Restaurant and Small Business.
About Mercury Insurance
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and business insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information, visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.