LOS ANGELES, Nov. 9, 2018 (Updated Nov. 12, 2018)/PRNewswire/ -- Authorities have issued evacuation notices for Californians impacted by the Camp Fire and Mercury Insurance is ready to assist homeowner policyholders who have had to leave their homes or whose property has suffered fire damage. Mercury representatives are available to help with claims (http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html) and the Mercury Insurance emergency response team will set up at the local evacuation center:
- Butte County Fairgrounds
199 E Hazel St.
Gridley, CA 95948
Mercury emergency response team will be set up near the shelter on the Fairgrounds each day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until further notice.
"It's important for everyone to get to their families and pets to safety by following evacuation orders," said Mercury's VP of Property Claims Christopher O'Rourke. "Mercury is here to help our customers with their claims 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Policyholders should call the Mercury Claims Hotline at (800) 503-3724 to report losses as soon as possible, so we can begin to help."
If a claim needs to be filed, O'Rourke advises policyholders follow a few simple procedures to help speed up the process.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or video tapes of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance