Mercury Insurance is Ready to Help Customers Impacted by Oklahoma Tornadoes and Storms
LOS ANGELES, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury is ready to assist policyholders who have been forced to evacuate their homes, or whose property has suffered damage from the destructive Oklahoma thunderstorms and tornadoes. Call Mercury's claims hotline at (800) 503-3724 or go to http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html for further instructions on how to file a claim. Mercury representatives are able to help with claims and arrange for rental cars or temporary housing for policyholders.
"The tornadoes in Oklahoma were devastating and our hearts go out to the residents of Elk City," says Randy Petro, Mercury chief claims officer. "We want our customers to know that Mercury is here to help them in their time of need. Mercury's claims team can arrange temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if customers have been displaced from their homes, as well as arrange for a rental car if they suffered a covered loss. Our policyholders should call Mercury's hotline ASAP to expedite the claims process."
Residents in Oklahoma can help spread the word by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and Retweeting "Mercury Insurance policyholders impacted by tornadoes in #elkcity call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
Petro advises policyholders to follow a few simple procedures to help speed up claims.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or videos of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook.com/MercuryInsurance and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance