Mercury Insurance Is Ready To Help Customers Impacted By Tornadoes And Hail In Florida, Georgia And Texas
LOS ANGELES, April 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury Insurance has alerted its claims departments serving Florida, Georgia and Texas of a series of weather related catastrophes that may have impacted policyholders. A wave of severe storms produced tornadoes, strong winds, damaging hail and floods throughout the South during the past three days and Mercury Insurance is ready to assist policyholders whose vehicles have been damaged by floodwaters, hail and flying debris, or who have suffered a covered homeowners loss. Representatives are available to help with claims and arrange for rental cars or temporary housing.
"Mercury is here to help its customers impacted by these horrible storms," says Randy Petro, Mercury chief claims officer. "Mercury's claims team can arrange temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if homeowners customers have been displaced, as well as arrange for a rental car if they suffered a covered loss."
Residents in these states can help spread the word by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and Retweeting "Mercury Insurance policyholders impacted by #severeweather call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
Petro advises policyholders to follow a few simple procedures to help speed up claims.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or videos of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook.com/MercuryInsurance and follow the company on Twitter.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance