LOS ANGELES, May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury is ready to assist policyholders who may have been forced to evacuate their homes, or whose property has suffered fire damage from the Camarillo wildfire. Representatives are available to help with claims (http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html), arrange for temporary housing or provide assistance with living expenses if policyholders have been displaced, in the event they suffered a covered loss.
"We're encouraging Mercury customers to begin reporting claims as soon as possible by calling the Mercury Claims Hotline at (800) 503-3724," said Joanna Moore, Mercury Insurance chief claims officer. "Mercury's team of customer advocates is committed to providing the resources our customers need during this difficult time so they can get their lives back to normal as quickly as possible."
The Camarillo wildfire has already burned more than 10,000 acres and hundreds of Californians have had to leave their homes. Firefighters are clearing vegetation to stop advancing flames, but the wildfire is still uncontained.
Californians can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweeting this message: "Mercury policyholders impacted by the #SpringFire call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
Moore advises policyholders to follow a few simple procedures to help the claims process run smoothly.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or video tapes of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home, and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE (www.mercuryinsurance.com)
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile and homeowners insurance through a network of independent agents in Florida, Georgia, California, New Jersey, Arizona, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices – core values that distinguish Mercury in the marketplace.
SOURCE Mercury Insurance